Saturday, December 26, 2009

Shampoo and conditioner questions?

I have naturally curly (somewhat frizzy) hair, I blow dry it daily to get that wavy (not straight) look and I have colored it (to camouflage some white hairs). I have used many brands ranging in price from two to twenty-five dollars.





I'm curious what brand do you use and do you think it is better to use professional salon shampoos/conditioners rather than the ones sold in the supermarkets?





Thanks.Shampoo and conditioner questions?
I think pantene is an overall wonderful shampoo and ive tried ALOT of things.. infact i think its better than TIGI which is more expensive. The best salon shampoo I have bought is called Caviar by Alterna.Shampoo and conditioner questions?
use a frizz controlled shampoo and conditioner thats moisturizing.


Aveda's be curly is cool because after you shampoo and condition, you slap a little of that on, and i mean little, like dime or penny size and lightly blow dry it and it forms your natural curl.





also to help maintain that frizz, wear a satin head scarf or sleep on a satin pillow case. i say this because cotton dries out the hair in a major way and yes frizz is caused by no moisture at all. if you do that, that can help reduce and maintain frizz and also keep you from shampooing your hair everyday





and yes, going to a salon or professional beauty supply is way better that going to walgreen's or whatever your major grocery store is because i have clients who buy shampoos from stores like that and their hair gets tangled and matted because of out of date bottles.
Any time you use heat styling products, you should be using some kind of spray on heat- protectant that you can get at any store. Buying the professional stuff will be better for your hair, but there are cheaper ways to do it. I have very thick, coruse hair, i use herbal essances ';long term-relationship'; shampoo and conditioner. it's about $5 bucks a bottle, and leaves you shiney, and soft. They have a shampoo for all types of hair in that collection, even wavy.
My hair is the same and sometimes I straighten it after drying. I never see a difference with the salon brands. I look for shampoo/conditioner without alcohol or any other chemicals that can dry hair out. If you can afford to spend $20 a bottle try using Halo as it is alcohol free. There are also many vegan shampoos that are gentle and cost less than Halo. You can find these at ULTA and Whole Foods. Also, I suggest trying an Organic shampoo because those are free of horrible chemicals. Best advice I have received ';If you wouldn't eat it, why put it on/in your body?';
Totally better to use the professional brands. I have fuzzy hair too and I used to use Slickline Smoothing Shampoo and that was really good. I now use Sleek Look by Matrix and it works good too.
I have the same hair,


I would recommend Kerastase elasto-curl by l'oreal.


It's wonderful, yet rather expensive.
I use Biolage. Often you can find the shampoo and condition sold as a set for about $20 and it works great. That is what most salons use.
I have tried everything also and I am completely happy with Bumble and Bumble or Pureology. They are both pricey but worth the money. They are very concentrated and so they last a very ver long time.
I like to use Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Shampoo and Tresemme deep conditioner, works a treat for me. Makes my hair very smooth and nice to touch.
Pantene. It has curly hair brands. I love Pantene! I dont think there is a better brand out there, unless you want to pay salon prices.
Herbal Essences' smoothing shampoo
i always dye my hair myself, and i prefer herbal essece or loreal, becuase it looks more natural than tha cheap stuff
go to amazon.com and type professional salon shampoos/conditioners

No comments:

Post a Comment