Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can I use shampoo replacement leave-in conditioner for people on my dog?

No human shampoo strips the oils away from the dogs skin that they need..use an approved dog shampoo or baby shampoo.Can I use shampoo replacement leave-in conditioner for people on my dog?
I'm confused, do you mean shampoo or conditioner? I've always heard not to use human products as well but my groomer (a very experienced one not just someone off the street who bathes dogs) said I could use my conditioner on my dog's coat when it was looking dried out. For shampoo he suggests a dog shampoo with oatmeal in it.Can I use shampoo replacement leave-in conditioner for people on my dog?
you can but it will not clean the coat like a ';dog shampoo'; would. they stuff that is in the dog shampoos have stuff in them that helps the condition of the hair better and makes the coat shinyer....i guess that it would be alright everynow and then but i wouldn't make it a every bath thing..hopes this helps yo a little
No,because your dog might have an allergic reaction. Also, it makes their skin itchy. If you don't have any dog shampoo, I would suggest using just plain water.


Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear, but it's how it is!


I hope this helps you!
the pH balance of a dog's skin is different from that of a humans. it's better to use products that are specially formulated for dogs to avoid over-drying or greasy haircoat.
No. Dog's skin is very sensitive and human shampoo is much to strong. They can actually get very painful rashes. Please use proper dog shampoo.
You mean human products? I don't really understand. It is okay to use human shampoos for a little bit. Like ONE time. Try suave coconut, that's what we used to do.
NO. It will dry out his skin, and may give him a rash. Instead, by some dog shampoo from the store.





Good Luck!
no because ur dog could get a rash and lose a lot of hair .... DO NOT USE PEOPLE SHAMPOO USE DOG SHAMPOO ITS FOR THE BEST!!
No the perfumes may irritate your dogs skin
no it will cause dry skin and dandruff
In a word NO.
www.masteritall.net





Find your answers here, our members are more than willing to answer your questions!





Become a respected expert in our forums. Share your expertise with our members and also gain knowledge from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment